The big holiday comes to an end. This makes old routines take place again. One of those routines is that parents can play taxi again for their children. They can drop them off at school, sports, youth clubs, music & art lessons, … and pick them up again a few hours later. Or you can search for alternatives
Raise awareness on a new product of De Lijn with their try-out subscription
Stimulate trial. The most important objective is that they get convinced by trying out the free subscription for a month.
Strategy & Execution
– The strategy here is that De lijn directed DM towards the parents but used the first name of their children to make is very personal and recognisable. By capitalising on those recurring rituals makes it very relatable for parents. This was a strategy that hasn’t been done before and made it very original.
– Secondly, their strategy to offer a subscription for free is very smart. Because nothing as convincing than by trying it out.
– Finally, this is something that can’t be done by any other media, because you need a very targeted audience, like selectpost could do/offer. You needed the right audience to offer that kind of message and subscription
Reason Best Practice
– The most complicated DMs are therefore not the better ones. Simplicity works and this example shows it perfectly. A simple message with a strong CTA combined into a beautiful result, with a striking selection in audience on families with children.
– The quickest way to convince someone is simply to let them try it out. That is what De Lijn did, during the busiest transition period of the year. They offered a monthly free subscription on all their
– They played it out really good with this DM by by responding on recognisable family moments and this with a touch of humor, like the parents that are seen as the ‘taxi drivers’ for their kids.